Husna Hassan Basri
Washington Singer Laboratories, University of Exeter, Perry Road, Prince of Wales Road, Exeter, EX4 4QG, UK
I am interested in children and young people's mental health. My research focuses on understanding the mechanisms of mindfulness-based intervention (MBI) and acceptance commitment therapy (ACT) that could explain depression in young adults, specifically this research seeks to understand the role of self-compassion, mindfulness, self-evaluation, and psychological flexibility as protective factors to reduce depression.
I previously worked in an academic setting as a young lecturer (clinical psychology) in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, University Teknology MARA Malaysia (UiTM) and have been involved in doing research with multidisciplinary clinicians such as psychiatrist, clinical psychologists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and rehabilitation. I also have clinical experience with CBT in children and adults.
BSc (Hons) Human Sciences (Psychology) - International Islamic University Malaysia
MSc Developmental Disorders - Lancaster University, UK
MSc Clinical Psychology - The National University of Malaysia
- The development of online screening tools for Marital Distress among Malaysian adults (2018)
- Human Robot Interaction (HRI) and Epigenetic Robotics in the field of developmental psychology and therapeutic approaches for children with both cognitive and physical impairment, 2015 – Research expert
- Factors associated with quality of life in elderly patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, research assistant (2014)
- Parents reaction to early autism screening and its relation to parental factors (2014) (Dissertation)
- Relationship between depression and risk of exacerbations in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients, Co-investigator (2011)
- Salmi Razali, Syed Hassan Syed Ahmad Almashoor, Aimi Nadia Yusoff & Husna Hassan Basri. (2016). Newspaper analysis on filicide and infant abandonment in Malaysia. Journal of Media and Information Warfare, 8, 39-70.
- Rabiatul Adawiyah Abdul Rahman, Fazah Akhtar Hanapiah, Husna Hassan Basri, Norjasween Abdul Malik & Hanafiah Yussof. (2015). Use of humanoid robot in children with cerebral palsy: The ups and downs in clinical experience. Procedia Computer Science 76, 394-399.
- Norjasween Abdul Malik, Hanafiah Yussof, Fazah Akhtar Hanapiah, Rabiatul Adawiyah Abdul Rahman & Husna Hassan Basri. (2015). Human robot interaction for children with cerebral palsy: Reflection and suggestion for interactive scenario design. Procedia computer science, 76, 388-393.