Dr Jemima Dooley
Research Fellow and Engagement Officer
Sir Henry Wellcome Building for Mood Disorders Research F05
Sir Henry Wellcome Building for Mood Disorders Research, University of Exeter, Queens Drive, Exeter, EX4 4QQ, UK
I am a qualitative researcher and conversation analyst, with expertise and a special interest in the co-design and co-production of research with the public. I am a Research Fellow for the Student Mental Health Project, funded by the UKRI MRC, which is developing and evaluating a stepped change approach to mental health and wellbeing in university students. I lead on engagement for the project, working closely with our Student Advisory Group to connect with students and encourage them to participate and help shape the research. We are aiming to be representative of all students on campus and want to make sure the voices of traditionally underrepresented groups are heard.
Other ongoing projects:
- NIHR School for Primary Care Research fellowship exploring urgent care in dementia
- Co-lead on DEEP grant exploring post-diagnosis care in dementia, co-produced with the Forget Me Nots (researchers living with dementia)
- Co-applicant COUNTED, an NIHR RfPB funded study exploring communication of risk in memory clinics
- Qualitative Lead and Women's Reference Group public engagement facilitator on C-MEP (Covid Maternity Equality Project) with the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists exploring the impact of Covid-19 on inequalities in maternal outcomes.
PhD Medical Studies, "Communicating a Diagnosis of Dementia", University of Exeter Medical School
BA Psychology with Philosophy, University of Oxford
- Mental Health
- Public engagement
- Co-production and co-design
Student Mental Health Project: UKRI and MRC funded 4 year grant across 6 universities developing and evaluating the stepped change approach to improving student mental health and wellbeing.
Urgent Care in Dementia: NIHR School for Primary Care research funded fellowship collecting data from Severnside Out of Hours service to explore communication in urgent care.
Post-diagnosis care in dementia: Dementia Engagement and Empowerment (DEEP) co-produced project exploring post-diagnosis care in dementia.
COUNTED RfPB project (led by Dr Sarah Smith, Leed Beckett) exploring communication of risk in memory clinics.
C-MEP Covid Maternity Equality Project, Health Foundation funded, exploring the effect of Covid on existing inequalities in maternity outcomes
Co-founder and core committee member of DemiQual research group, a special interest group in the development of innovative methods in dementia research.
Publications by category
Publications by year
JemimaDooley Details from cache as at 2023-12-11 09:24:17