- About us
- Athena SWAN
- Latest news
- Prospective undergraduates
- Prospective postgraduates
- Clinical Education Development and Research (CEDAR)
- Clinical therapy services
- Our research
- Our facilities
- Staff profiles
- Business engagement
- Current students
- Staff intranet
- Contact us
- Research in Ageing and Cognitive Health (REACH)
Dr David Modic
Honorary University Fellow
Born in Ljubljana, Slovenia in 1973. Finished high-school for computer sciences in 1991. Enrolled into University of Ljubljana, Department for Social Pedagogy in 1993. Received BSc (distinction) in 1999, with GPA of 9.0/10.00. Enrolled into MSc at the University of Ljubljana, Department for Social Pedagogy in 2001, awarded MSc (distinction) in 2006. Applied for a research position at the University of Exeter in 2007, was accepted as a PGR in 2008. In 2009 became an EGF. HEA certified in 2010. Certified Transactional Analysis Counsellor (CTAC). PhD in Psychology awarded in 2013.
- 2013 : PhD, University of Exeter
- 2010 : AHEA - Higher Education Academy
- 2006 : MSc (distinction) - University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Education, department for Social Pedagogy
- 2007 : Certified Transactional Analysis Counsellor - Psychopolis Institute, Novi Sad, Serbia
- 1999 : BSc (distinction) - University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Education, department for Social Pedagogy
- 1992 : Graduated High School for Computer Science (A-levels score equivalent AAAAB)
2013 - : Honorary University Fellow at the University of Exeter.
2008 - 2012: EGF at the University of Exeter, School of Psychology.
2007 - Present: PITA - Modic and associates Unltd. Pita is a consultancy company, offering advice on global image, financial development and inter-organisational dynamics. CEO, Project manager and Founder.
2004 – 2007: Centre for treatment of drug addiction, University Psychiatric Hospital, Ljubljana. Group and individual therapist in a IC unit for detoxication. Occasional lecturer on theory of addiction and theory of emotions.
2001 - 2007: sinister systems – interactive content development company. CEO, Project manager and one of the Founders.
2000 - 2002: South East European Education Cooperation Network - a joint effort of University of Ljubljana and KulturKontakt (Graz, Austria), an on-line network providing comprehensive coverage of educational issues covering the whole field of South – Eastern Europe. The project is sponsored by OSI, Austrian Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs and The Austrian Ministry of Education, Science and Culture. Was the online content editor.
Research group links
|Tel||+44 759 595 1920|
|Address||Washington Singer Laboratories|
University of Exeter
Prince of Wales Road